Beetroot Carpaccio GF, RSF, V
This recipe is so quick and easy and on top of it delicious and full of goodness. It can be served as a starter or, if you make the portion slightly bigger, as a maincourse as well. It is refreshing, so it works perfect for a light meal in spring and summer. If you don´t have asparagus – no worries. In this picture I have used some finely chopped raw zucchini instead. Even some cooked broccoli would work fine. Try it out.
Serves 2 pax
- 3 medium sized beetroots
- A few stalks of green asparagus
- Homemade pesto (basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
- Salt / pepper
- Optional some mushrooms, spring onions…
- Peel and boil the beetroot until soft(ish).
- Let them cool off and slice them really thin.
- Chop the asparagus into 3cm long pieces and boil (still a bit crunchy)
- Place the beetroot slices nicely on a plate and garnish with the asparagus, some spring onion and sliced mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle a bit of your homemade pesto over it