Personal Training became my full time career since 2002. It all started in the Chiemgau region of Bavaria, Germany, where I have now returned after several years abroad.
I am a certified Personal Trainer and in 2010 became a fully qualified BASI Pilates Instructor for mat and Pilates equipment. I get great satisfaction helping improve the condition of clients that suffer from injuries and/or posture problems. These problems occur in all age groups and at all fitness levels. Another area I have specialized in and find extremely rewarding is pre and post natal work. My client base over the years has been extremely diverse, from professional Rugby players and dancers to a multitude of recovering injuries and plenty of pregnant women or new mums. Also lots of less sporty clients who spend too much time on their desks and require strengthening through Pilates or a customized exercise regime.
My approach is always very personalized. Before training commences, we go through an extensive medical history and lifestyle check to discover your current health and fitness status. Only then can I design an individual training program that can achieve your goals.
Some more info about me:
As a child I was very sporty and had early success as a young track & field athlete specializing in 400m hurdle sprinting.
From 2002-2004 I worked in the Chiemgau in Germany. From 2004-2006 as a personal trainer and PA for a private family in Monaco, were I met my husband.
In 2006 we moved to Kenya where my husband had started a business. I setup a Personal Training and Pilates studio in Nairobi that is still running today.
Our children were born in Kenya, they have now transferred to school in Germany which is the main reason for me moving back.
When not training in Salzburg, you can find me hiking in the mountains or cross country skiing during the winter.
- Accredited Professional Personal Trainer
- BASI Comprehensive Pilates Trainer
- Nutrition Coach
- Licensed Fitness-Trainer
- Licensed Trainer for Pre and Post Natal Care
- Licensed Aerobic Instructor
- Licensed Cross-Country Ski Instructor
- BASI® Mentor Programm
- Pilates for Dancers
- Pilates for muscular imbalances
- Pilates für Injuries and Pathologies
- Healthy Balance nutrition coach
- Masseuse für sport massage
- Thai Do Instructor
- Kinesiology Taping by K-Active (Basic, sport injuries and Physiotherapie, Pre-/Postnatal)
A QUICK Q&A WITH KARINA
- Is your name Hübsch or Walsh? My family name is Walsh, my maiden name Hübsch. I founded my company under mymaiden name and kept it. It also has a special meaning in the German language.
- What is your favourite meal? Kaiserschmarrn, but a healthier version.
- If you were an animal, which one would you like to be? A Giraffe. They move so gracious and have beautiful long eyelashes.
- What makes you happy? Lots of thing. My family, exercising, mountains, snow and happy clients.
- Which is your favourite season? I love all of them. The more so as we don´t really have proper seasons in Kenya. But my real favourite is winter – time for Cross Country Skiing.