Even though the Pizzas in my picture look a tiny bit too dark, they were still delicious. They were as good as perfect in the oven when I got a phone call coming in. I turned the oven off, but left them inside. Mistake!!! The result was darker then anticipated. You would want to go for a golden brown colour.
Cauliflower crusted Pizza with Mediterranean Quark
2 small cauliflower heads or one big one
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 – 2 eggs
½ tsp salt
Blend the cauliflower in a food processor and steam it for about 10-15min. I am mixing and steaming in my wonderful THERMOMIX, which is super easy. I guess you could also boil the cauliflower in water and then blend it. Make sure though, all excess water is drained out (put in a cloth and squeeze water out).
- Add the salt and nutmeg
- Leave to cool for about 10min
- Add the egg – start with one first. The ‘dough’ should not be to liquidy
- Add the grated parmesan cheese (I did it before with Halloumi cheese and it worked as well)
- Form circles with Ø10-15cm on a baking tray lined with a silicon mat
- Bake for about 25 – 30min at about 200°C
For the topping
Be creative here. You could just make some nice fresh pesto with herbs from your garden. I opted for a Mediterranean Quark (Mix 2 tbsp of Quark (or Greek Yogurt) with 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes and some grilled vegetables or cucumbers, mushrooms… and blend together
Then top everything with some fresh rucola, tomatoes, avocados, mozzarella (if you like).
I sprinkled some roasted pine nuts over as well.