Pasta with a vegan cheese sauce
This recipe was quick and easy to prepare. As we had perfect sunny autumn weather outside, we did not want to spend the day indoors cooking all day….
To make the sauce I used my Thermomix, but it should be no problem, if you don´t have one. A blender will do the job too.
Ingredients: (for 2 pax)
- 300g Spaghetti
- 200g Cauliflower
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 200g fresh mushrooms (porcini, chanterelles,…)
- 100g spring onions
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 cups of water (for the sauce)
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Heat up water to boil the pasta.
- Blend the cauliflower and cook it with the cashew nuts for about 8-10min in a bit of water.
- Blend again until smooth and add the salt, pepper, nutmeg and nutritional yeast and blend again. Add some water, if the sauce is too thick.
- Chop the spring onion and mushrooms into slices and fry in a bit of coconut oil in a pan.
- Serve, eat & enjoy!