It is officially autumn since a while, but since 2 weeks it feels a bit more like autumn outside too. The temperatures are slowly (in fact very slowly) dropping, the leaves on the trees are having all shades of yellow, orange and brown and slowly I get in the mood for eating pumpkin.
This pumpkin I had at home now for nearly 3 weeks, but today was the day to make this great looking and delicious recipe. The smells in the kitchen were so yummy.
Ingredients: (for 1 pax)
- 1 small(ish) pumpkin
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 small Zucchini or one bigger one
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds and walnuts each
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (I forgot them in the picture)
- 1tsp of maple syrup
- Salt / pepper / nutmeg / turmeric
- Some fresh rosemary
- Chop the top off the pumpkin and a tiny bit at the bottom so it stands better and doesn´t roll over. Take all the seeds out and roast in the oven at about 160-180 °C until soft.
- In the meantime, cook the Quinoa with a bit of salt and turmeric
- Chop the mushrooms in small cubes, the spring onion in slices and spiralize the Zucchini.
- Fry the vegetables in a bit of coconut oil in a pan with some fresh rosemary, salt, pepper.
- Roast the nuts and seeds and put them aside.
- Once the Quinoa is ready, mix it with the vegetables and add the maple syrup and stir.
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven and fill it with the vegetable Quinoa mix.
- Granish with the nuts and some pomegranate seeds.