Daniel’s specialty is pushing our male clients further than they thought they could go (see Daniel’s ‘House of Pain’ upstairs!). He is a fully qualified Personal Trainer, and joined Your Trainer in 2011. Born in 1982, Daniel was a good runner in school, especially on the 10,000m, where he competed at National level. When he was 13 years old, he made his first dumbbell and barbells by cementing sand and ballast to make his own ‘jua kali’ gym, and by 19 he was a junior body building contestant. Soon his friends and family were asking for his advice, and by default he started becoming a personal trainer. Starting as a pastime, sport is now Daniel’s profession, and his passion revolves around body building. He feels utterly passionate about helping his clients realize their full potential through adopting an active lifestyle, and see the positive changes it brings.
- Fitness instructor's certificate course Kenyatta university
- Anatomy and physiology of exercise
- Physical fitness testing
- Aerobics instruction (Dance, Step, Tae-bo)
- Nutrition and physical activity
- Psychological factors in fitness programmes
- Exercise for special populations
- Basic management skills of a fitness centre
- First aid and safety education
- Innovation Training workshop
- Stretch and body tone principles
- Step training master class
- Certificate in K-Active taping
A QUICK Q&A WITH DANIEL
- What motivates you in the morning? My family and my job.
- If you were an animal, what would you be? Ha ha! I would be a cartoon character - probably a puppet. But if I was an animal if would be a lion, because I'd have to chase my food for each meal, which would be my exercise.
- What is your proudest moment? Completing a 10k run six months after being shot by thugs at home in the year 2004.
- What's your music of choice? Country music and hip hop.