Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor & Founder
Already since 2002 I am working as a self-employed Personal Trainer. It all started in the Chiemgau region in Bavaria / Germany and it is where I now return to after many years in abroad.
I am a certified Personal Trainer and since 2010 a fully qualified BASI® Pilates instructor for mat and equipment. Over the years, and influenced through my work with the Pilates machines, I found my passion in working with clients that suffer from injuries and/or postural problems.Those problems occur in all age groups and fitness levels. Also the pre and postnatal work I feel strong about since the very beginning of my career. I counted professional Rugby players, dancers and lots of pregnant women or new Mums to my client base. But also very normal people that just spent too much time on their desks.
My approach is always very personalized. Before I start training with a client we will have to go through an extensive medical history and lifestyle check-up to discover your current health and fitness status. Only that way I can design an individual training program that will lead you to your goals.
Already as a child I was very sporty and a quite successful young track & field athlete specialized in the 400m hurdle sprinting.
From 2002-2004 I was based in the Chiemgau in Germany. From 2004 to 2006 I worked as a Personal Traininer and PA for a very wealthy private family in Monaco, where I also met my husband.
In 2006 we decided to move to Kenya, where my husband had just startet a business. It did not take long before I started working as a Personal trainer again in my own Personal Training & Pilates studio. Both our children are born and grew up in Nairobi. Only recently they started school in Germany which is the reason that I have moved back to Bavaria as well.
If I am not training in or around Salzburg, you meet me on a mountain or in winter in the Cross Country ski trails.
- Accredited Professional Personal Trainer
- BASI Comprehensive Pilates Trainer
- Accredited Nutrition Consultant
- Licensed Fitness-Trainer
- Licensed Trainer for Pre and Post Natal Care
- Licensed Aerobic Instructor
- Licensed Cross-Country Ski Instructor
- Physio Fitness Trainer
- Certified for Performance Diagnostics such as lactic acid testing
- Sport, regeneration and relaxation masseuse
- Thai-Do Instructor
- Certified for Kinesiology Taping by K-Active (Basic, Sports & Physiotherapy, Gynaecology & Midwifery).
FURTHER COURSES WITH CERTIFICATES:
- Pilates for Dancers
- Pilates & Muscular Imbalances
- Pilates for Injuries and Pathologies
- BASI Pilates Mentor Program
- Healthy Balance Nutrition Consultant
A QUICK Q&A WITH KARINA
- Is your name Hübsch or Walsh? My family name is Walsh, my maiden name Hübsch. I founded my company under mymaiden name and kept it. It also has a special meaning in the German language.
- What is your favourite meal? Kaiserschmarrn, but a healthier version.
- If you were an animal, which one would you like to be? A Giraffe. They move so gracious and have beautiful long eyelashes.
- What makes you happy? Lots of thing. My family, exercising, mountains, snow and happy clients.
- Which is your favourite season? I love all of them. The more so as we don´t really have proper seasons in Kenya. But my real favourite is winter – time for Cross Country Skiing.