Khaya is interested in strength and flexibility for daily life. She learns and teaches breathing, posture, and relaxation techniques from Hatha Yoga. In 2017 she started her career as a fully trained Instructor with BASI Pilates.
- 200 hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Course: Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres Ashram – Neyyar Dam, Kerala, India
- BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Course, Cape Town, South Africa
- Working since the beginning of 2017 as a BASI Pilates Apprentice with Karina at her YOUR TRAINER studio
- B.A. International Relations: USIU-Africa – Nairobi, Kenya
A QUICK Q&A WITH KHAYA
- What is your favourite way to start the day? Being woken by the birds and lying in bed listening to them before an early morning power walk.
- Why is exercise important to you? To age upright and sprightly.
- How has Yoga changed your quality of life? By teaching me how to relax both body and mind by focusing on my breathing.
- Which do you like better - Pilates or Yoga? Each one trains body and mind differently. For me, there is more control and focus in Pilates, while in Yoga there is surrender and letting go. Like nature’s seasons, both control and surrender are part of life.