Chickpea flour Tortillas – Chicken Fajitas
von Karina Walsh
Ingredients for the chickpea flour tortillas (about 6 medium sized tortillas):
• 4 tbsp ground flaxseed
• 6 tbsp warm water
• 2 cups chickpea flour
• 2 cups of water
• salt, cumin
• mix the ground flaxseed with the warm water in a bigger bowl and leave to rest for about 3-5min
• add the chickpea flour, the water, salt and cumin and mix until the dough is smooth and without lumps.
It should have the consistancy of pancake batter. Add more water if too thick.
• put a tiny bit of coconut oil in the pan and fry the tortilla until the batter sort of dries up. Then flip over
and cook from the other side for another 30-45sec. Repeat until batter is finished.
• Slice Zucchini and Peppers in thin stripes and grill.
• Chop up a few tomatoes into small cubes and add some finely chopped spring onions, salt, pepper, lemon juice and fresh corriander. If you like, add some chili as well.
• For the Guacamole mash up a ripe Avocado and season with salt and lemon juice.
• For the Tahini sauce take 2 tbsp Tahini and mix with some lemon juice (2-3 tbsp), salt and water. Add so much water until it has a saucy consistancy.
If you like to have the grilled chicken with your Fajitas, then chop a chicken breast in slices and fry in a pan with a bit of salt and pepper.