No-bake Granola Bars
von Karina Walsh
• 1 cup almond butter
• 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp sea salt (fine)
• 2,5 cups rolled oats (glutenfree if you prefer)
• 1/2 cup almond flakes
• 1/4 cup 1/4 cup chia seeds
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 3/4 cup dark chopped chocolate
• coarse sea salt
• Whisk together the almond butter, honey, vanilla and salt.
• roast the almonds and oats for about 5 min in a pan until they are just getting a bit brown.
• add them to the almond butter mixture and stir until well combined.
• Line a approx. 20cm baking tray with parchment paper (fold over the edges) and press the mixture with your hands on to the tray. (Wet your hands slightly as the dough won´t stick to your hands as much.
• Place the tray in the fridge and prepare the topping.
• Pour the topping on top of the granola mix and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
• Cut into small bars and keep in the fridge.