von Karina Walsh
Ingredients (for 4 portions):
• 800g pumpkin (Hokkaido or butternut)
• 200g onion
• 60g ginger
• 4 tsp olive oil
• lemon juice
• 100ml almond or coconut milk
• 500ml organic vegetable broth
• 2 tbsp fresh corriander
• roasted almond flakes
• salt, pepper
• chili (optional)
• Peel the pumpkin and chop it into cubes.
• Peel the onions and ginger and chop finely
• Roast the onion, ginger and pumpkin in the oil and fill up with the broth. Leave to simmer until the pumpkin is soft.
• Add the lemon juice and milk and put in a blender – mix until smooth.
• Garnish with the chopped coriander and the roasted almond flakes.