Stuffed pumpkin (gf, v, vn)
von Karina Walsh
Ingredients (1 pax):
- 1 small(ish) pumpkin
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 small Zucchini or one bigger one
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds and walnuts each
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate seeds (I forgot them in the picture)
- 1tsp of maple syrup
- Salt / pepper / nutmeg / turmeric
- Some fresh rosemary
- Chop the top off the pumpkin and a tiny bit at the bottom so it stands better and doesn´t roll over. Take all the seeds out and roast in the oven at about 160-180 °C until soft.
- In the meantime, cook the Quinoa with a bit of salt and turmeric
- Chop the mushrooms in small cubes, the spring onion in slices and spiralize the Zucchini.
- Fry the vegetables in a bit of coconut oil in a pan with some fresh rosemary, salt, pepper.
- Roast the nuts and seeds and put them aside.
- Once the Quinoa is ready, mix it with the vegetables and add the maple syrup and stir.
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven and fill it with the vegetable Quinoa mix.
- Granish with the nuts and some pomegranate seeds.