Weihnachtsstollen (GF / RSF)
von Karina Walsh
German Christmas Stollen (GF / RSF)
- 250g glutenfree flour
- 50g buckwheat flakes
- ½ tsp psyllium husk
- 1 sachet dry yeast
- 40g coconut flour sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest (organic lemon)
- 1 egg
- 75g Butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Quark (cream cheese)
- 150ml almond milk
- 40g almond flakes
- 15g orange peel
- 15g lemon peel
- 75g raisins
- 1 tbsp Rum
- Birch flower icing sugar
- Mix the flour with the psyllium husk in a bowl and form a dip. Add 1 tbsp of coconut sugar and the yeast to it and carefully fill up with 50ml warm almond milk. Leave to rest for about 20-30 min.
- Add the lemon zest, the egg, the rest of the sugar and milk to the yeast mix and knead for at least 5 min in a kitchen machine. The dough should start to peel off the bowl.
- Add the orange and lemon peel with the raisins and rum as well as the spices and knead again.
- Place the dough on a clean surface covered in flour and form a long bread shape
- Leave the Stollen to rest for about 50min in a warm oven (max. 40°C).
- Heat up the oven to 200°C and bake the Stollen in the middle tray for about an hour.
- While the Stollen is still hot, brush it with liquid butter (or coconut oil) and cover with icing sugar.